RYA Intermediate (Club) Racing
The Intermediate Racing course has been designed to improve boat handling and speed, while providing an understanding of developing a strategic plan based on the conditions. Students taking this course should have the minimum knowledge of Start Racing.
The course covers: Starts, Boat handling, Speed, Tactics, Strategy.
What should I bring?
In essence you will need, clothes for the shore, clothes for sailing, your logbook and a way to make notes etc. It is always colder on the water than on land and you may be wet for many hours so make sure you have enough. A full kit list is available here:
Please bring the following items to your course.
- Lunch, water and snacks. Light refreshments will be available during bar hours. Water and snacks may be taken afloat with you or in the coach boat.
- Pen and paper.
- Your logbook if you have one.
- Buoyancy Aid if you have one.
- Hat (cap or winter warm)
- Dry change of clothes
- Old sneakers or water shoes. Shoes must be closed toe and heel. Flip flops are not allowed!
- Wetsuit or warm clothes and full waterproofs (you will get wet).
- Wind breaker or waterproof jacket
- Clothes appropriate for the weather of the day. It is much colder on the water so please dress over-warm, we can always put a layer in the coach boat.
Last updated 7:22pm on 24 February 2024