RYA Spinnaker Training
On successful completion of this course you will understand how to sail a dinghywith an asymmetric spinnaker.
It is assumed when starting this course you have already mastered the practical skills and absorbed the background knowledge required for previous levels.
What should I bring?
In essence you will need, clothes for the shore, clothes for sailing, your logbook and a way to make notes etc. It is always colder on the water than on land and you may be wet for many hours so make sure you have enough. A full kit list is available here:
Please bring the following items to your course.
- Lunch, water and snacks. Light refreshments will be available during bar hours. Water and snacks may be taken afloat with you or in the coach boat.
- Pen and paper.
- Your logbook if you have one.
- Buoyancy Aid if you have one.
- Hat (cap or winter warm)
- Dry change of clothes
- Old sneakers or water shoes. Shoes must be closed toe and heel. Flip flops are not allowed!
- Wetsuit or warm clothes and full waterproofs (you will get wet).
- Wind breaker or waterproof jacket
- Clothes appropriate for the weather of the day. It is much colder on the water so please dress over-warm, we can always put a layer in the coach boat.
Last updated 4:05pm on 28 February 2024