Adult Sail Training: RYA Adult Level 3
RYA Level 3 Training - 3 days. Candidates must hold their Level 2 qualification or have the ability and understanding equivalent to Level 2.
Friday 31 May - Sunday 2 June 2024
Adult level 3 training courses are RYA Approved and run over 3 days and is available to members only.
What is the course?
The improver course seeks to bridge the gap between Start Sailing, Basic Skills and the Advanced Modules by offering an introduction to the different modules, allowing sailors to more easily select their preferred route within the sport. Better Sailing allows for opportunity to practise and consolidate sailing techniques, and to experience some of the activities the advanced modules have to offer, helping you to build confidence and support development of good technique and independent sailing.
What should I bring?
In essence you will need, clothes for the shore, clothes for sailing, your logbook and a way to make notes etc. It is always colder on the water than on land and you may be wet for many hours so make sure you have enough. A full kit list is available here:
Please bring the following items to your course.
- Lunch, water and snacks. Light refreshments will be available during bar hours. Water and snacks may be taken afloat with you or in the coach boat.
- Pen and paper.
- Your logbook if you have one.
- Buoyancy Aid if you have one.
- Hat (cap or winter warm)
- Dry change of clothes
- Old sneakers or water shoes. Shoes must be closed toe and heel. Flip flops are not allowed!
- Wetsuit or warm clothes and full waterproofs (you will get wet).
- Wind breaker or waterproof jacket
- Clothes appropriate for the weather of the day. It is much colder on the water so please dress over-warm, we can always put a layer in the coach boat.
When and where do I need to be?
The timings of the course will be available shortly. Please meet at the club in the training room (big blue double doors to the left of the main entrance).
Last updated 3:17pm on 28 February 2024