RYA Adult Level 1/2 beginners dinghy sailing course (2 weekends 7 - 8 Sept & 13 - 15 Sept)
RYA Level 1/2 Training - 5 days over 2 weekends. No previous experience required.
Saturday 7 Sept - Sunday 8 Sept and Friday 13 Sept - Sunday 15 Sept
Adult level 1/2 training courses are RYA Approved and run over 5 days. Cost is £300 and is available to members only.
What is the course?
On completion of this course, you will have a basic knowledge of sailing and sailing in light winds without an instructor on board. Dinghy capsize recovery will be conducted in in a controlled manner, one boat at a time, with a rescue boat in attendance.
Those that hold a level 2 are then qualified to hire club dinghies when rescue boats are out.
What should I bring?
In essence you will need, clothes for the shore, clothes for sailing, your logbook and a way to make notes etc. It is always colder on the water than on land and you may be wet for many hours so make sure you have enough. A full kit list is available here:
Please bring the following items to your course.
- Lunch, water and snacks. Light refreshments will be available during bar hours. Water and snacks may be taken afloat with you or in the coach boat.
- Pen and paper.
- Your logbook if you have one.
- Buoyancy Aid if you have one.
- Hat (cap or winter warm)
- Dry change of clothes
- Old sneakers or water shoes. Shoes must be closed toe and heel. Flip flops are not allowed!
- Wetsuit or warm clothes and full waterproofs (you will get wet).
- Wind breaker or waterproof jacket
- Clothes appropriate for the weather of the day. It is much colder on the water so please dress over-warm, we can always put a layer in the coach boat.
When and where do I need to be?
The timings of the course will be updated shortly. Please meet at the club in the training room (big blue double doors to the left of the main entrance).
Last updated 8:34pm on 24 February 2024