Adult Sail Training » Advanced Sailing Module Course 2 - Start Racing
Tuesday 4-Thursday 6 July - Start Racing Course
RYA advanced module training - 3 days. Candidates must hold their Level 3 or Stage 4 qualification or have the ability and understanding equivalent to this.
Tuesday 4th July to Thursday 6th July.
All advanced module training courses are RYA Approved and run over 3 days and is available to members only.
What is the course?
RYA Start Racing Course - This course is designed to give the confidence, skills and knowledge to take part in club racing in good conditions. Confidence is essential if the sailor is to enjoy racing. The course involves the sailor in a range of enjoyable exercises designed to build confidence and improve skills through practise.
What should I bring?
In essence you will need, clothes for the shore, clothes for sailing, your logbook and a way to make notes etc. It is always colder on the water than on land and you may be wet for many hours so make sure you have enough. A full kit list is available here:
Please bring the following items to your course.
- Lunch, water and snacks. Light refreshments will be available during bar hours. Water and snacks may be taken afloat with you or in the coach boat.
- Pen and paper.
- Your logbook if you have one.
- Buoyancy Aid if you have one.
- Hat (cap or winter warm)
- Dry change of clothes
- Old sneakers or water shoes. Shoes must be closed toe and heel. Flip flops are not allowed!
- Wetsuit or warm clothes and full waterproofs (you will get wet).
- Wind breaker or waterproof jacket
- Clothes appropriate for the weather of the day. It is much colder on the water so please dress over-warm, we can always put a layer in the coach boat.
When and where do I need to be?
The timings of the course are in the table below. Please meet at the club in the training room (big blue double doors to the left of the main entrance).
|4/07/23-06/07/23 Advanced Module - Racing||Wednesday||1445||2145|
This event has finished - tickets are no longer available.
Use the members portal to manage any tickets you have for this event.
4 July 2023↑HW 7:08am 7.3m
↑HW 7:31pm 7.6m
5 July 2023↑HW 7:58am 7.4m
↑HW 8:21pm 7.8m
6 July 2023↑HW 8:48am 7.4m
↑HW 9:11pm 7.7m
Tide data for bideford
Last updated 7:26pm on 24 September 2023