2024 Cadet Week 1
Summary details - Level 1, 2 & 3 ONLY!
RYA Stage 1, 2 or 3 training delivered over a full week, booking early is essential. No experience is necessary to book onto the Stage 1 course, Stage 1 is required to book onto Stage 2 and Stage 2 is required to book onto Stage 3.
What is the course?
After a weeks boating and theory you will be more confident and able when sailing a dinghy in light to moderate conditions. Exactly what you will do will be dependent upon the course you are taking. Those going for their Stage 1 will spend their week in the bigger boats with an instructor onboard, those on the Stage 2 course are likely to be in Pico's and Stage 3 candidates are likely to be in lasers or Feva's.
What should I bring?
In essence you will need, clothes for the shore, clothes for sailing, your logbook and a way to make notes etc. It is always colder on the water than on land and you may be wet for many hours so make sure you have enough. A full kit list is available here:
Please bring the following items to your course.
- Lunch, water and snacks. Light refreshments will be available during bar hours. Water and snacks may be taken afloat with you or in the coach boat.
- Pen and paper.
- Your logbook if you have one.
- Buoyancy Aid if you have one.
- Hat (cap or winter warm)
- Dry change of clothes
- Old sneakers or water shoes. Shoes must be closed toe and heel. Flip flops are not allowed!
- Wetsuit or warm clothes and full waterproofs (you will get wet).
- Wind breaker or waterproof jacket
- Clothes appropriate for the weather of the day. It is much colder on the water so please dress over-warm, we can always put a layer in the coach boat.
When and where do I need to be?
The timings of the course will be shown shortly. Please meet at the club in the training room (big blue double doors to the left of the main entrance).
Last updated 6:30pm on 24 February 2024